The Latour family has been proprietors of a part of Romanee-Saint-Vivant since December 1898. ”Les Quatre Journaux” is a magnificent plot of land situated at the South-West of Romanee Saint Vivant, a few meters from the Romanee-Conti vineyard. A ”Journal” is an old Burgundian measurement corresponding to approximately 0.4 hectares (34,28 ares). Even though the Latours’ initial purchase carried the entirety of the plot, half of it was sold some years later. Today Maison Louis Latour owns 0.8 hectares of Romanee-Saint-Vivant. It offers a marvelously aromatic wine, with a velvety texture which culminates in a persistent and powerful finish in the mouth. It is one of our greatest red wines.